Under Armour UA Band
The Under Armour UA Band is a basic activity tracker that measures heart rate when resting, sleep quality, workout intensity, and steps taken for both men and women. It can be used also as an alarm clock, a watch, to display texts, calendar notifications, caller ID, and challenges and updates from the UA Record. Compatible with Bluetooth Smart, it will send you alerts for step goals and periods of inactivity. This device comes with a charger and two different sized bands, plus it is water-resistant to wear during showering and rain showers. Your data is uploaded with a smartphone to the services of MyFitnessPal Premium and MapMyFitness MVP, which you get free for three months with the purchase of this tracker. The battery life is good at five days on a single charge. If you are looking for a simple, basic, easy to handle activity monitor, then this is it. We discuss the details of the several features of the UA Band further in the full review below.
- Alerts for step goals and inactivity
- Measures heart rate, sleep, workout intensity, and steps
- Monitors sleep quality and duration
- Control music selection and volume of a smartphone
- Water resistance to be sweat and splash proof
- Accurate data and easy to link with services
- Display remains on for your workouts
- Buttons do not need to be pushed for data
- Battery life is five days on a single charge
- Areas on the side where the numbers are blacked out is common
- Battery life can be decreased to two days per charge when it is older
- Did not have enough features for some people
- Most reviewers are satisfied with the battery life.
- The battery charges quickly.
- Many buyers say the display is easy to read.
- The UA Band works well with Myfitnesspal app.
- It is decently water resistant and will keep working in dirty or muddy conditions.
- With this device, you can simplify your activity tracking so it is easier to maintain or make changes for a healthy lifestyle.
- It works well with android phones.
- This tracker can be synced with an Apple Watch.
- The sleep tracker works well.
- Reviewers say it is impressively user-friendly.
- The set-up is quick and easy.
- It can be set up for text notifications and reading texts.
- It's reasonably priced for a fitness tracker.
- The UA Record app is user-friendly and works well with the UA Band.
- Some reviewers who have used a variety of fitness trackers are pleased with this one.
- The UA Band is water resistant but not fully waterproof.
- Time is not automatically shown, you must activate the display.
- A few reviewers claim issues with the band easily disconnecting from the tracker or breaking and cracking over time.
- There are reports of the device malfunctioning within a year of use.
- A synced phone is needed to read all fitness data.
- The functions are basic compared to other fitness trackers on the market.
- Some bug sprays can damage the finish on the band.
- The material of the band is not breathable which leads to extra sweat.
- Workout customization is limited.
- The charging cable is short and getting a secure connection can be tricky.
- Although many buyers are satisfied with battery life, some do complain it doesn't last long enough.
- The step counter can be affected by how your arm is positioned and moving.
- There can be a bit of a learning curve for users new to fitness trackers.
- The display is difficult to read in bright sunlight.
- The style is plain compared to other trackers.
It does not come with this band for the price quoted and is not one of the main components of the device. The heart monitor will give you additional information about your heart data when the organ is at rest. A few other comments online concerned how well the touchscreen works. It is also a very modern and trendy band that looks well with any type of outfit and wardrobe style.
They would get decent use from the two bands in this way. The charger is discussed in another section. One other accessory that is purchased separately is the monitor for heart rate. This is to measure the heart rate while you rest. It is good for measuring the sleep quality during the night to see how much you sleep and the type of rest you are getting. It is good for your continued health to know this vital information.
Ease of Use
After several months of usage, the displayed numbers are not completely visible with the corners or edges of the numbers being blacked out or missing. Let’s keep in mind that you are depending on this product for the figures that it generates about your activity, so if you cannot view the numbers, then it is just an expensive bracelet. Enough people expressed their dissatisfaction with this issue that it should be a huge red flag for potential buyers. You may want to look elsewhere if you want an activity tracker for more than just a three-month stretch. However, Under Armour is great for producing high-quality garments such as Under Armour HeatGear Compression Shirt.