Sony WH1000XM3 Headphones
The Sony WH1000XM3 pair of headphones are a pair of top of the line wireless noise-canceling headphones that the company has developed as a major contender in the hopes of being a leading choice for audiophiles. Designed and built with superior technology, the implementation of the company’s unique drivers and processors allows for the headphones to deliver an audio listening experience that is hard to rival. As a result of this merging of design and premium use of technology, this pair of headphones rivals even the most notable brands in their ability to provide a listening experience that fully envelopes the wearer separating their music from the raucous of the world around them.
- Noise Cancelling
- Alexa Enabled
- 30 Hour Battery Life
- Wireless and Bluetooth Enabled
- Hands-Free Calling
- Larger profile
- Higher price Tag than some are used to
- The majority of reviewers are impressed by the overall quality that Sony has packed into these headphones.
- The battery life lives up to Sony's claims.
- These are quick to charge.
- The controls are intuitive and don't take long to learn and remember.
- Reviewers are pleased with the noise cancelation features and options.
- When the automatic noise canceling feature is on, it will quickly adjust to changing outside noise volumes.
- The ear cups are comfortable enough to wear for hours without feeling any fatigue.
- If you work or spend time in uncomfortably noisy environments, these are a great investment. Many buyers say they help them to stay focused and more relaxed.
- The noise canceling function helps to make plane travel more enjoyable.
- Reviewers are happy with the quality of materials and construction.
- A protective case is included.
- The Aware Mode is helpful and convenient.
- You can use Google Assistant through these headphones as well as make and receive calls.
- The design is simple, clean, and looks good.
- There is a battery level indication on the headphones for convenience.
- Through the app you can customize the sound.
- Buyers say there are clear improvements in the noise canceling quality compared to earlier generations of Sony headphones.
- There are no complaints of the weight.
- Most buyers are satisfied with the sound quality.
- If you wear these headphones for several hours, you may feel extra warmth on your ears.
- These can only be paired with one device at a time which makes changing back and forth between devices a little cumbersome.
- The app is a bit confusing to those unfamiliar with features of noise canceling headphones.
- They do not have auto shut off like the M2s.
- There are complaints of faulty mics making phone calls very difficult.
- A few reviewers have had issues after firmware updates.
- The touch controls are sensitive and can be inadvertently activated.
- In very low temperatures and windy conditions, the controls tend to malfunction.
- The charger cord is short.
- Dropped connections have been an issue for some reviewers.
- The fit and comfort is influenced by personal preference and physical features.
- Long hair can get in the way of the controls.
- Audiophiles may be disappointed by the sound quality.
Having opened up shop just after World War 2 the Sony brand has grown from what was a small humble operation to the tech supergiant that supplies some of the highest quality products consumers can buy. Just like with their manufacturing of headphones now Sony has always had an affinity for audio fidelity, being the first company in Japan to manufacture a tape recorder that they marketed as the Type-G. Now Sony sets the bar with some of the best and user-friendly audio products you can find on the market, such as these noise-canceling wireless headphones. Their experience and expertise in this area now offer a product that puts the utmost sound quality available into a headphone Sony has designed to beat its competition in every aspect. Their original tape recorder was a first of its kind and these noise-cancelling headphones are one of a kind. Using the company’s top of the line audio drivers and processor’s the headphones will be able to eliminate an interfering or disruptive noise from the outside world while you’re able to enjoy your music in high-quality audio, crisp and clear phone calls in even the loudest public spaces, or use the built-in Amazon Alexa technology to choose between news, podcasts, and everything else Alexa has to offer.
These wireless noise-cancelling headphones also have an admirable battery life of thirty hours. This allows for users to wear them throughout the week with little worry that the battery will be dead by Tuesday. This is fantastic for buyers who’ve dealt with poor battery life in the past but want to be able to stay connected while listening to their music or on calls but without the tangle and hassle of wired headphones or headsets.
The headphones also sport an impressive and extremely useful thirty-hour battery life. For people who use their headphones and other rechargeable devices a lot you know the irritation of feeling as though you’ve only just charged your device and it already seem to be dying and needs to be recharged. For these headphones a full charge will last you thirty hours, allowing for use multiple days in a row without having to recharge. The battery also now boasts a quick charge feature thanks to the USB-C which allows for the headphones to achieve a five-hour charge in just ten minutes of charging time.
Even with this technology, this pair of headphones doesn’t pass up on battery life. At thirty hours of charge, you can expect to use your headphones multiple days in a row with little concern for when you’ll have to charge it next. And because Sony has implemented new USB-C technology a comfortable five hours of battery life can be achieved by charging the headphones for just a short ten minutes, maximizing how often you can use them even when you haven’t left them on the charger before going to bed last night.
When listening to music those sounds around you that would be a nuisance and disturbing if using regular headphones are almost made as background and part of the music you’re listening to due to the high quality dampening technology that this pair of headphones uses. This makes listening to music in public and trying to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city an easy and relaxing experience that is done almost unnoticed, allowing you to enjoy your day quietly and peacefully even in some of the largest and loudest cities on earth.
It is also great for phone calls when you’re not listening to music. Due to the microphone designs and that clear sound of the headphones calls you make or receive would be easy to hear. Your voice won’t be drowned out by other noises around you as you try to talk on the phone. This noise-cancelling comes from the smart listening that has been implemented in the headphones, balancing the headphones to match you and your surroundings. This is a unique feature that many lower priced wireless headphones are not going to have and is one of the key reasons and features that justifies the higher price tag that was mentioned before.