Patagonia Women’s Down Sweater
The Patagonia Down Sweater for Women is a revised version of this model with a contoured fit, longer hemline, and narrow baffles on the sides. The shapelier design is to give this sweater a slimmer and more feminine look and feel. Previous models were deemed as a bit boxy and bulky, so the company made these improvements for a more modern and stylish look. With the durable polyester material, compressible goose down fill of 800-fill, and DWR (durable water repellent), this excellent sweater is insulated, windproof, and water-resistant. Offered in six beautiful solid colors, it is perfect for the many activities and sports that occur outdoors, such as climbing, hiking, hunting, camping, fishing, backpacking, and snowshoeing. Use it alone as the durable outer layer over a few thinner garments or as a mid-layer under a weatherproof shell for extreme weather climates. Three added features to make this jacket warmer for the user are the storm flap on the front zipper, the drawcord in the bottom hem, and the nylon elastic on the cuffs. The hem drawcord is operated from inside the hand pockets to limit the exposure of the hands in cold weather. There are two zippered exterior hand pockets and one zippered internal chest pocket. The entire sweater can be compressed easily and folded into this one inside pocket for storing and carrying. The horizontal baffles keep the fluffy goose down in place, as it is quilted to prevent it from shifting. These lines are narrower in the sides where active arms would create an additional shifting of the loft. To make this outstanding sweater even more form-fitting, there are fabric straps inside the hip area to tighten the jacket closer to the body. All of these interesting qualities and features of the Patagonia Down Sweater are explored fully in our complete review below
- Hem is longer; fit is more contoured
- Quilt lines are narrow to keep the fill in place
- Warmth is sealed in at the cuffs with elastic
- Includes two exterior pockets and one internal pocket
- Entire garment fits inside the chest pocket easily
- Is windproof and insulated against snow and rain
- Goose down is compressible and lightweight
- Offered in six wonderful solid colors
- Wear alone as a shell layer or as a mid-layer
- Ideal for many outdoor sports and activities
- Material was too thin for some people who had the same model before
- Feathers were coming from the seams for a few buyers
- This jacket works great as a warm top layer as well as an insulating mid-layer.
- The material is soft and doesn't restrict movement.
- The rich colors and stylish patterns get a lot of praise.
- Decent breathability prevents you from overheating.
- This jacket is versatile enough for active wear, running errands, and casual social events.
- Positive reviews come from a range of ages.
- The inner pocket is convenient.
- The updated fit doesn't expose your midriff when your arms are raised.
- According to some buyers, this jacket outperforms similar ones from other top brands.
- The high-quality construction lives up to Patagonia standards.
- The pockets are warm.
- This jacket packs down well making it great for travel.
- The sizing and shape allows this to fit well under an outer shell.
- The smooth liner doesn't catch on or pill materials when worn over layers.
- The outer material doesn't generate as much static as some other jackets.
- There is some inconsistency in sizing from other Patagonia clothes.
- Buyers give mixed reviews on the fit. Some say it is slimming and others say it is a little boxy.
- The sleeves are longer than some reviewers would like.
- There is only a single front zipper not a double.
- Buyers report some problems with the stitching.
- Some reviewers say you may need to size up if you want to layer this over anything more than a t-shirt.
- The wrist closures are a little loose.
- This jacket is not significantly wind resistant.
- There are some complaints about the sleeve stitching easily getting caught on the pocket zippers.
- The material is not water resistant enough to wear in rain or snow.
- The main pockets are a bit small.
-Zipper area of the chin has a zipper garage
-The front center zipper has an interior wicking storm flap
-Goose down is compressible, lightweight, and 800-fill
-The drawcord at bottom hem is operable from pockets
-The inside hip section has straps for tightening
-Has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
-Baffles are horizontal to keep down from shifting
-Fabric shell is polyester recycled ripstop