Fitbit Blaze Fitness Watch
In the world of fitness having a way to track your daily workouts and exercise, goals have become a common thing. This is where Fitbit has always excelled. Their previous versions offered workout lovers the opportunity to track all the necessary rates, steps, and even progress with ease. As times have changed, other companies have started to change things up a bit by combining the use of trackers like the Fitbit with the technology of the popular smartwatches. Not wanting to miss out on such a huge trend, the Fitbit Blaze was born. The Blaze is Fitbit’s way of offering the best of both worlds to those who stand by what Fitbit provides their customers.
Whether you love going to the gym to workout or are simply a lover of doing your exercising around the house, having the aid of a Fitbit has almost become commonplace. Having help in keeping up with when you should work out, how much you’re doing, and what the workout is doing for you not only helps elevate your motivation but offers a level of assistance we’ve all come to love. That’s why the newly designed Fitbit Blaze is ready to take on the world. In this review, we will see what new things the Blaze has to offer by discussing both its pros and cons. Hopefully, this will help you decide whether you are ready to take the plunge and spend the money Fitbit is charging for their newest addition.
- Color Screen
- Great Exercise Tracking
- Multiple, dependable strap options
- Good battery life
- Not water resistant
- No built-in GPS
- Doesn’t support third-party notifications
- The stylish design makes this fitness watch versatile enough for workouts or going to work.
- Logging a variety of exercises is easy. The design is user-friendly.
- This watch quickly connects to Map My Ride to log cycling workouts.
- It's easy to clean.
- The touchscreen is easy to navigate, and the display is clear.
- It's fun to connect with friends on challenges through the app.
- Most buyers say their Blaze holds a charge for multiple days.
- There are few complaints about the accuracy of fitness tracking. Most reviewers are satisfied with the consistency of the data.
- The size and style works well for both men and women.
- Different size bands are available to find the right fit.
- The interchangeable bands make it fun to personalize your look.
- When paired with a phone, it will display call and text notifications.
- It only takes a quick turn of the wrist or tap to activate the screen.
- Through the app, workouts are broken down to show more informative data.
- The sleep tracking feature is convenient and accurate.
- There are positive reviews from people with a variety of fitness and activity levels.
- The app sends notifications when the watch needs to be charged.
- The stopwatch and countdown functions are simple to use and have vibrate settings so it isn't necessary to continuously check the watch during workouts.
- If your focus is on fitness tracking but want some smart watch functions, reviewers say this is good choice.
- This fitness watch cannot work as a stand alone GPS. It must be used with a phone to track location movement.
- The GPS tracking accuracy may decrease when moving at a fast pace.
- The watch face must be removed from the band and frame to be charged. Some reviewers have concerns about the face not securely fitting back in the frame over time.
- There are reports of the battery draining quickly or losing charging power within the first year.
- Software issues are a common complaint from buyers
- Pairing with some Samsung devices has led to connection and syncing problems for some people.
- There is limited availability. Many sellers have sold out or no longer offer this fitness watch.
- A few reports of skin irritation are reported.
- In bright sunlight the display can be difficult to read.
- The display can only show short text messages. Longer ones will not be fully displayed.
- Phone calls cannot be made or receive the watch. Text messages cannot be sent.
- The charger is specific to this device. Other Fitbit chargers will not work.
- There are limited clock display options.
- This watch is not waterproof.
- Reviewers note that dealing with Fitbit customer service concerning this watch can be stressful and time-consuming.
- The font size on the display is difficult to read for some people, and it cannot be changed.
The Blaze comes with a 3-axis accelerometer. This type of accelerometer is used to measure acceleration in three different directions. This allows the Blaze to easily calculate your movements and rates when on a run or during other activities.
This version of the Fitbit also comes with an optical heart rate monitor included. This monitor is used to easily track your heart’s rate while you are going through your exercise routine or long run. Knowing this information helps you track your progress by knowing whether you are reaching your intended goals.
An altimeter is also included when purchasing the Blaze. This feature is used to determine your current altitude. This is great for mountain runners or those who like stair climbing in their workout. An altimeter can help determine how high you’ve climbed.
Also included is an ambient light sensor. This helps control the amount of energy used by your Blaze by detected the amount of light available outside. This information is then used to alter the display screen to its best display options.
Breathe exercises are also included with the Blaze. Unlike the other exercises, the tracker keeps up with these breathing techniques are used for well-being more than the typical features of this tracker.
Most of these features combine with one another to help the Fitbit Blaze determine the exact number of calories you’ve burned throughout the day. This will help you optimize your workout and get the best benefits possible from your Blaze.
The Blaze also comes with a number of smartwatch features this combo is popular for bringing into the world of fitness tracking. Things like incoming calls, messages, and even your calendar can be accessed through your Blaze if you have it connected to your smartphone. These features can be a bit hit or miss according to reviewers. Yes, these features work but often notifications come in late. If you are expecting an important call or message, not knowing it has been received can be somewhat annoying.
Included in the Fitbit app you’ll find a number of activities that will aid you in reaching your health goals. This app takes everything into consideration when it breaks down your activities into calories burned or other exertions completed. You’ll find several apps that not only help you track your activities but help you develop complete workouts to help you start the perfect workout routine for you. If you are of the competitive nature, you will love the Friends option in the app. This allows you to connect to others and see their accomplishments and workouts, giving you a boost to keep you your hard work and stay at the top of your game.