Arc’teryx Alpha FL 45 Backpack
The Arc’teryx Alpha FL 45 Backpack is restful on the back, weighs less than two pounds, and allows custom attachments. Not only it is comfortable on the back, but it is also easy to carry by hand. It is a hardwearing pack that is light and fast, and it is the top choice for mountain climbers and ski alpinists. Those who frequently travel by plane also use this pack for their piece of carry-on luggage to keep their personal items with them. It is not only lightweight but waterproof with a laminated exterior. Zippers on the exterior are water-tight, so nothing gets through the metal teeth. The seams are taped for added weather resistance to ensure that no moisture from rain, snow, or sleet will penetrate this pack and affect your internal gear. It is completely seam-sealed for perfect resistance to water. These protections also make the Alpha FL 45 quite durable against abrasions and tears from wear and rough use. As one of the online customers stated in their review of this product, once you get the Alpha FL 45, you will want no other backpack ever. It certainly adds a new element to bringing your gear in the outdoors for trips, hikes, trekking, and mountain climbing. Lets now explore in detail the many advantages and features of the Alpha FL 45 Backpack by Arc’teryx.
- Is a waterproof item Has multiple uses for outdoor and vacation trips
- Includes many zippered compartments, loops, and hooks
- Is comfortable and lightweight on the back
- Seams are taped for durability and weatherproofing
- Comes with a bungee cord attachment on the exterior
- May be a bit floppy when loaded down on the back
- Could be overstuffed easily because of the huge interior
- For alpine climbing, this is a pack designed to perform.
- All excessive weight has been stripped so you only have to focus on the weight of what you pack.
- When thoughtfully packed, it can hold all the necessary gear for a multi-day adventure.
- The design is simple and streamlined.
- The inside is spacious.
- The straps hold the pack close to the body which is ideal for climbing.
- Straps and the opening are easy to adjust while wearing gloves.
- The ice axe and tool attachments are simple.
- It features durable crampon straps that can also be used for other equipment if crampons are not attached.
- This is 45L when fully expanded so it can comfortably be used as a smaller pack when needed.
- The interior is white which helps visibility while packing and unpacking.
- If using a harness with clippers, this hip belt is more comfortable than a fully padded one.
- The design is ergonomic and functional.
- Most buyers say this backpack lives up to their expectations of Arc'teryx quality in design and construction.
- Many buyers are impressed by the toughness of the material.
- Buyers are pleased that Arc'teryx changed the location of the rope strap from previous generations of this backpack.
- Packing must be thoughtfully done in order to maximize the design of this backpack.
- Over packing in weight will lead to discomfort on the neck, shoulders, and hips.
- There are mixed reviews on the overall weatherproofing design. While the material is waterproof, some buyers report issues of water pooling at the top of the pack.
- This backpack does not include a rain cover.
- The bungee system is not secure enough for some styles of ice axes. A few reviewers have had issues with them falling off.
- The material, like most, has some weaknesses when pushed to its limits.
- The price is steep.
- This backpack is 45L when it is fully expanded. Some photos and marketing can be misleading on the size.
- Over time, the inner lining is susceptible to cracking and wear.
- The bungee system can get caught while trekking through heavily treed areas.
- There are no included straps for skis.
- The sternum strap does not have elastic and is too short for some users.
- Aside from the small outside pocket, there are no separated compartments. This is good for keeping the weight down, but adds difficulty when packing and unpacking.
The seams are even taped to make them more durable and tough to prevent tears and rips. For the best pack that can take the elements well in the alpine atmosphere, the Alpha FL 45 is the one to have.
You can see things well inside the bag because it has a white interior that is reflective. This also adds its own layer of weather-proof protection for the contents inside the bag. The back panel is rigid to give structure and support to the user, as long hikes and trekking can be hard on the back muscles and hips when carrying a pack. This one sits well on the hips and back in an ideal position. Swaying is minimized with the webbing belt when you are trying to navigate through technical routes. Tightening this belt will ensure that you have the most secure snug fit that is form-fitting to your body. It will help you maintain your balance in precarious situations.