Apple Watch Series 4
The Apple Watch Series 4 is a re-engineered and re-designed beautiful device with a pin-and-tuck clasp and the largest Apple watch display. Enhanced for connection, health, and activity, it includes optical and electrical heart sensors plus improved gyroscope and accelerometer for detection of physical falls. You will be notified of a high or low heart rate and have emergency SOS at your fingertips. It has a GPS and a 16GB capacity along with being touchscreen sensitive and water-resistant to 164 feet (5 meters). Workouts are detected automatically and as many as five metrics can be set up at once. New technology to this version is new hiking and yoga workouts and even pace alerts and cadence for runners. All of the usual activity tracker features are included such as taking calls, getting notifications, receiving messages, and listening to music. The Series 4 comes with a case, two bands of small and large sizes, a USB power adapter, and a magnetic charging cable. The many exciting features are almost too many to describe, but we will discuss the details of the most important ones in the full review below.
- Data does not have to be manually transferred
- Display is 30% larger; speaker is 50% louder
- Enhanced connection, health, and activity
- Features the largest display for an Apple watch
- Detection of physical falls; emergency SOS
- Notifications of high and low heart rate
- New hiking and yoga workouts
- Pace alerts and cadence for runners
- Set up and view as many as five metrics
- Water-resistant to 164 feet or five meters
- Face scratches easily because it is made of aluminum
- Battery life decreases as more apps and usage is increased
- The screen is larger than earlier models of Apple Watches, but it isn't too bulky.
- Reviewers like the display and watch face options.
- The features work quickly and there are no complaints from reviewers about delays in the touch screen or tracking.
- The design is sleek and stylish.
- Buyers say all the functions and features make this watch worth the price.
- It is easy to transition from earlier versions to the Series 4.
- The built-in safety functions are a major selling point for buyers.
- According to reviewers' experiences, the fall detection works fast and efficiently.
- In the case of an emergency, through this watch EMTs are able to access all relevant health information that the user has loaded into the health app.
- Reviewers like the different color and band options.
- This watch works well with iTunes, iPhones, iMessage, and other Apple devices and software.
- With this watch, you don't have to worry about missing a call or message when you don't have your phone near you.
- There are multiple safety and wellness features to help users who need more significant health tracking such as the ECG and heart rate rise and fall alert.
- The emergency SOS calling works.
- Having this watch has helped motivate buyers to be more active.
- There is a very large array of features, functions, and apps to make this watch what you want it to be.
- It's comfortable to wear.
- Watch bands from previous generations of Apple Watches fit the Series 4.
- For reviewers familiar with smart watches, the Series 4 is easy to set up.
- Apple continues to develop more software and apps for this watch.
- This watch is designed for people who use Apple products. It will not work well or fully with devices from other makers.
- The touch screen can scratch easily.
- There are some quality control problems reported from a few buyers.
- Some complaints about delayed replacement of defective devices are noted.
- Although rare, there are reviewers who claim some of the data tracking is inaccurate.
- Numerous buyers say the battery life is inadequate.
- Several reviewers claim their device was not waterproof as advertised.
- Some reviewers are not satisfied with the watch band saying that it doesn't fit all wrists and comes undone too easily.
- There are limited watch faces to choose from.
- Not all advertised functions are programmed into the watch. Many are apps that need to be downloaded.
- There is a learning curve for setting up all apps and displays for new Apple Watch users.
- This is not strictly a fitness tracker. For buyers whose main focus is fitness tracking, this may seem too bogged down with other functions.
feature of this device is that your data does not have to be manually transferred to the phone for analyzing and viewing. The incredible product sends your workout and activity data to a smartphone to see the trends and details of your overall information. When compared to a Fitbit watch, one user said that this model is smaller but heavier than the Fitbit model. This makes it easily fit into your lifestyle better. The band options are another versatile aspect of this watch. Choose from a number of bands that can be purchased separately to alter the everyday look of the watch. Two rubber bands are included of varying sizes for a perfect fit, but you will want to change the look of this special tracker now and then.
Series 4 has an electrical sensor for the heart with the ECG app, which the Series 3 does not have. The Series 3 has an optical sensor for the heart, while the new Series 4 has a second-generation heart sensor, plus the Series 4 has fall detection and Series 3 does not. The Series 3 just has Digital Crown Series 4 has Digital Crown and haptic feedback. So, to summarize these improvements, the Series 4 has a faster processor, a larger face, a larger case, continual monitoring of the hear rate, a heart rate app, fall detection, and better overall performance.