GearWeAre Academic Scholarship
Success in education in just as important to us as success on the road, trail or mountain side. The GearWeAre team knows that when you step into higher education every little bit helps, and that is just what we want to do.
We at GearWeAre pride ourselves on offering thorough, honest and real reviews of the best and latest of what great outdoor gear companies have to offer, hopefully helping you find the gear that best fits your needs. We test out gear from brands like Merrell, Coleman, Therm-a-rest, Hoka One One, RAB, Mammut, Keen and too many more to list. Our aim is to provide a close up look at the gear, as well as some insight into whether a particular piece of gear will best fit your sport, safety and healthy outdoor lifestyle.
We know that for many, the same concentration and desire to win that goes into your outdoor adventures, is also spent on your academic future and success. For that reason we we offer the GearWeAre scholarship program, because we understand that every extra bit can help a lot toward your goals.
We will happily award three (3) qualified applicants each academic year with $1,500 (one thousand five hundred U.S. dollars) each, which can be used towards furthering their education.
We do encourage all who meet the requirements to apply, no matter where in the world you live. Our scholarship is open to all who have the drive and desire to keep moving forward, bettering themselves and always striving for something greater.
There are a few mandatory requirements which must be met to qualify for our scholarship. See below for more details.
- Completely and truthfully complete and submit the registration form below.
- Write an original essay which follows the topic and guidelines specified below.
- All entries and applications must be submitted and received before the deadline of April 30, 2018. Any submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Any questions or concerns must be sent to [email protected].com before the application deadline.
*Only three (3) winners will be announced per cycle.
*Each winner will receive one (1) monetary award of exactly $1,500 (one thousand five hundred dollars.
Step 1 – The Essay
Each applicant must complete an original essay, written in English, titled “GearWeAre Academic Scholarship Program”.
The Essay topic must focus on how love for the outdoors or outdoor sports helps to attribute to your success in life, to date. Outline successes, failures, and even obstacles which you have been able to overcome to reach your goals. Imagine how that type of perseverance and drive may some day lead to your dream career.
Step 2 – Submitting The Form
Completely and truthfully fill out and submit the required form below. The form must be filled out by the person who will actually be competing for the scholarship award. All information must be verifiable.
Confirmation of Successful Application
Once the applicant has completed and submitted the form with correct and verifiable information, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address given by the applicant within the following 7 business days. If an application form is submitted after the deadline of 11:59 on April 30, 2018, the application will not be accepted, therefore no confirmation email will be sent.
- Winners can only be awarded the GearWeAre scholarship once. Applications will be checked with previous winners
- To qualify for this scholarship, each applicant must be enrolled in a graduate program, an undergraduate program, or a high school senior who has a valid acceptance letter to attend an accredited university or college.
- The institution in which the applicant is enrolled or attending must be one which is verifiable as accredited and recognized by the highest educational authorities in the applicant’s country.
- All applicants must be able to provide a valid identification card, document containing an identification number, or other legitimate and verifiable documentation which proves attendance at the claimed academic institution.
- Each applicant is only allowed one (1) submission per year. If an applicant is discovered applying more than once for an academic year, all applications and essays submitted by that person will be disqualified and removed from the contest.
- We will thoroughly check and verify the information of each award recipient. Any falsification of submitted information, including plagiarism in the applicant’s essay or inability to verify the educational instution will immediately and completely disqualify that person from the scholarship program.
- The winner of each scholarship is decided by GearWeAre. All decisions are final, and may be subject to further appeal or contest.
The GearWeAre Scholarship Program is open to all eligible applicants worldwide, as long as all requirements of the process are fully met. Our goal is to help others succeed in bettering their lives, which we hope, will also help better the world, no matter where on the globe you happen to live.
Receiving the Award
The three winners of the scholarship will be announced one (1) approximately week after the close of the deadline (April 30, 2018).
Once the three (3) winners have been chosen, and all information has been verified as true, The scholarship award will be paid out to only those chosen winners.
Once the chosen students are awarded the scholarship of $1,500, they will no longer be eligible to win the award again.
Important: The scholarship payments will be made directly to the financial aid office of each of the recipients’ specific college or university. The amount will then be transferred to the appropriate account of each winner. Negotiable currency, in any form, will not be sent directly to the winners.
Questions or Feedback
Any questions, concerns or difficulties with the application process should communicate their issues to [email protected] for further assistance.
This scholarship is managed by:
Gringo Group ApS
16 Valby Langgade, 2 sal 306
Registration & VAT no. DK33246196