PrimaLoft have launched a new highly breathable and warm insulation called Silver Insulation Active. This soft, packable and water-resistant insulation is designed to regulate the wearer’s comfort levels during intense activity. It has an impressive warmth to weight ratio – the Silver Insulation Active enables excess heat and moisture to escape, keeping the user comfortable, warm and dry.
One of the first brands to team up with PrimaLoft and use this cool new tech is Montane, who will be launching the ultra-lightweight, reversible and insulated Fireball Verso Pull-On later in 2015. The smock is part of Montane’s successful Via Trail Series, and is designed primarily for trail and mountain marathon activities. The smock packs down into its own little handy carrying pouch – which you can see hanging in front of the jacket in our picture.
Other features of Montane’s Fireball Verso Pull-On include:
- Windproof PERTEX® Quantum Rip-stop outer for enhanced wind and weather resistance
- Air permeable HYPERVENT fabric for enhanced breathability
- Articulated arms for increased reach and movement and designed to reduce hem lift
- Concealed chest pocket
- YKK semi-auto front zip with low profile baffle
- Stretch bound hem and low profile cuffs, with thumb loops
- Reflective VIA logo on both sides
- Lightweight stuff sac for easy packability on the move
- Weight approximately 244.4g
Available from September 2015 in unisex sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL, the Montane Fireball Verso Pull-On comes in two colour ways; Black/Blue and Shadow/Shadow. RRP: £100.00