MindShift Gear has released the new, higher volume rotation180° Horizon rotating backpack, ideal for outdoor enthusiasts and photographers who tire of having to take off their backpacks to get at their essential gear.
The rotation180° Horizon backpack with rotating beltpack allows for instant access to food, binoculars, cameras and lenses, and other essential equipment. Plus, there is now added extra space in the main pack for larger gear, including clothing, climbing gear, and up to a 13” laptop. Daisy chains and ice ax loops provide additional lash points. (see our review of the smaller pack here)
“The rotation180º Horizon backpack is an essential addition to our award-winning rotation backpack series,” said MindShift Gear’s CEO and lead designer Doug Murdoch. “Its 34 liters of capacity and its ability to hold a laptop, a 10” tablet, and up to a 3 liter hydration reservoir provide the dimensions and features for which outdoor adventurers have been clamoring. It employs the same patented technology that won two of Europe’s top design awards, the Red Dot Award and the OutDoor Industry Award.”
- Integrated rotating beltpack for accessing trail essentials: camera, 10” tablet, binoculars, maps, guidebook, and snacks.
- Dedicated zippered hydration compartment on side fits most 3L reservoirs
- 2 bags in 1: removable beltpack can be worn separately for shorter outings
- 13” laptop fits in main compartment
- Backpack holds jacket, layers, hat, gloves, lunch, etc.
- Front zippered pocket provides quicker access to smaller items, such as climbing gear, field instruments, first aid kit, and climbing shoes
- Small trekking tripod, or fly rod/reel carry easily on the front or side panels
- Load–lifter straps adjust the weight distribution for comfortable fit
- Side water bottle pocket fits most 32 oz. water bottles
- Two rows of daisy chains for additional attachment points
- Beltpack compression straps adjust for custom fit
- Integrates with MindShift’s Tripod Suspension Kit
- Webbing rail for attaching additional components to waist belt
- Breathable padded airmesh shoulder harness with adjustable sternum strap
- Aluminum stay in frame sheet, provides for custom fit
- Optional seam–sealed rain cover