Whilst sat on the Berghaus stand yesterday this rather cheerful top caught my eye. I was soon told that it, and other cotton tops in the range are made with their new Eco Woven fabric.
This fabric, unlike regular fabric goes through less dying stages meaning it produces less pollutants which is of course much more cuddly and kind to the environment.
Some other factoids for you…
- It provides superior colourfast fabric that will last for many, many washes.
- The dying process uses 89% less water and 63% less chemicals
- Over 60% reduction in CO2 emissions during the fabric production
- The use of durable nylon means that the products last longer
- The tops incorporate Polygiene odour control technology, which means you’ll need to wash them less often, thus reducing your environmental impact further.
If that wasn’t enough to wow you it is also guaranteed for life AND it (the process, not this specific top!) won an award at this years OutDoor Industry Awards, in the products of high ecological and sustainable value category. This top and other in the range will be available in stores in Spring 2015.