1000 outdoor enthusiasts and instructors were asked “What were the most common mistakes they had come across when using an outdoor stove?”
Here’s the results:
- Not allowing a stove to cool after use, or forgetting it’s hot before picking it up.
- Using the wrong fuel or not checking the gas bottle fits before use.
- Setting up to cook on an uneven surface.
- Putting a pan on to boil whilst setting up camp and forgetting about it, allowing it to boil dry and damaging the pots
- Refilling a meth’s stove prior to it being extinguished. (Obviously not a problem with primesstoves that use LP-gas or pressurised liquid petroleum.
Primus will be running stove demonstrations on their standat the 2015 Telegraph Outdoor and Adventure Travel show (OU1136) if you fancy stopping by!